- Authors: Robert M Kacmarek, James K Stoller, Al Heuer
- File Size: 92 MB
- Format: PDF
- Length: 1400 Pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 12th edition
- Publication Date: December 18, 2019
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0831MDX9D
- ISBN-10: 0323511120, 0323811213, 0323597998, 0323749526
- ISBN-13: 9780323511124, 9780323811217, 9780323597999, 9780323749527
Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care (12th Edition) – eBook PDF
Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 12th Edition, (PDF) offers a solid foundation in respiratory care and covers the latest advances in this evolving field. Known as “the bible for respiratory care,” this ebook makes it easy to understand the part of the respiratory therapist, the scientific foundation for treatment, and clinical applications. Complete chapters associate with the 2020 NBRC Exam matrices, preparing you for clinical and exam success. Written by prominent educators Albert Heuer, Robert Kacmarek and James Stollerthis edition includes new chapters on heart failure in addition to ethics and end-of-life care, plus the latest AARC practice guidelines.
- Glossary features key terms and definitions required for learning concepts.
- Full-color design calls attention to the text’s particular features and enhances learning.
- NEW! Improved readability makes the text easier to read and theories easier to understand.
- Rules of Thumb highlights rules, formulas, and crucial points that are important to clinical practice.
- NEW Ethics and End-of-Life Care chapter explains relevant issues and how to assist patients and their families.
- NEW! The heart Failure chapter includes the disease that is the most frequent cause of unscheduled hospital admissions.
- Updated content shows the newest advances in respiratory care, preparing you to succeed in today’s health care environment.
- UNIQUE! Mini-Clinics offer case scenarios challenging you to use critical thinking in solving problems met during actual patient care.
- NEW! Updated practice recommendations from the AARC (American Association for Respiratory Care) included within the related chapters.
- Decision trees developed by hospitals emphasize the use of therapist-driven protocols to assess a patient, initiate care, and evaluate outcomes.
- NEW! Updated chapters include topics like arterial lines, stroke, ACLS, PALS, polysomnography, hemodynamics, waveform interpretation, and laryngectomy.
- The student workbook offers a practical study guide reflecting this 12th edition of the textbook, providing numerous case studies, experiments, and hands-on activities. Available separately.
- Learning objectives support with the summary checklists, stressing key content at the beginning and at the end of every chapter, and parallel the three regions tested on the 2020 NBRC Exam matrices.
- Learning resources on the Evolve companion website feature an NBRC correlation guide, lecture notes, image collection, a Body Spectrum electronic anatomy coloring book, and an English/Spanish glossary.
NOTE: The product only includes Egans Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 12th Edition, in PDF. No access codes are included.